Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Meditation Challenge: Day 26

One of a series of messages sent to those participating in our 30Day Meditation Challenge. This was sent just after midnight, June 27.


Well, I must apologize for my absence. I didn't fall off the face of the earth, but I did fall off my own wagon in terms of sending you messages every day. The weather, both internal and external, has been tempestuous. All part of everyday life, of course. I remind myself, by reminding you, that we practice meditation in order to be practiced in meeting life where we find it. Some days are harder than others. Some days we are too tired, or angry, or just plain sorry for ourselves to make it to the cushion.--though we may know that those are the days we most need to sit, quiet our mind, witness ourselves.
I hope that your practice is going well. Whether you have sat as many days as you meant to or not, I hope that this challenge is teaching you something--some things--about yourself and your own mind.

Here's a quote:

"This method of synchronizing your mind and body is training you to be very simple and to feel that you are not special, but ordinary, extra-ordinary. You sit simply, as a warrior, and out of that, a sense of individual dignity arises. You are sitting on the earth and you realize that this earth deserves you and you deserve this earth. You are there--fully, personally, genuinely."

-Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Chogyam Trungpa

Talk to you soon!

No comments: