Monday, July 2, 2007

Meditation Challenge: Day 32??

From a series of posts sent to our Meditation 30Day Challenge group.


Hello!

I have to confess, June got the better of me. By Saturday, the 30-day Challenge had come down to a Day 30 Challenge: I was bound and determined to meditate that day. As fate and scheduling would have it, though, I spent the morning well into the afternoon working on business, then the evening was devoted to the production and performance of our latest belly dance extravaganza. Still, I was determined that when I got home...alas, when I got home, I fell asleep. So did June come to an end.
Sunday I spent up in Michigan, picking black raspberries. We picked 10 quarts worth, between 3 of us. By the end, I was thoroughly scratched, sunburned, and serene. If you have ever spent hours gleaning fruit from bushes, you may have known the joy of one-pointed focus as I did. It was a marvelous day, but despite my best intentions, I never made it to the cushion.

At first I felt that I'd let all of you down. Today, I have a different perspective. I would like to continue the challenge: It's a brand-new month, with 30 days left in it. I will keep the Yahoo! group up and running, and continue to send out periodic missives. How do you feel? Would you like to keep this going?

No comments: